In a recent Ears to Hear Network meeting, the contrast between Mary and Zechariah was highlighted by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1). The sharp contrast lies in their responses to the proclamations of the angel Gabriel. Zechariah was receiving the news that his prayers had finally been answered and he would become a father. It was the miracle he had longed for, cried out for, yet, when the promise of the answer came - he responds in unbelief. "How shall I know this?"
Mary on the other hand, hasn't been praying for a child, hasn't been longing to be the mother of the Messiah, so this news is a total shift in the direction she expected her life to take. Yet when she hears the promise of Gabriel, her response is a faith-filled wondering, she then receives the calling and promise with surrender.
Soon after we have Mary's glorious song--sung in faith before she can physically feel the divine life moving inside of her--a prophetic song that has become an anthem of worship for the Church through the ages. It's so full of the gospel, that at times it has been outlawed. However Zechariah, even though he was a godly man, a priest and an intercessor was silenced until faith could grow in his heart.
Like for Zechariah- unbelief will mute the Church; it has muted the Church where it has gained ground. However, faith, true faith, will give the Church--like Mary--a glorious, powerful, even-- irrepressible voice.
A PROPHETIC SUMMARY FROM EARS TO HEAR
As the Ears to Hear Network of Canadian Prayer and Worship Ministries gathered at the beginning of September, this is what was shared as key prophetic sounds being heard across the nation:
Sounds of a New Season
We are in a new spiritual season, but seasons are incremental in change, so the new is emerging but doesn't fully manifest all at once. Some of the new features that will mark this season are the result of global shifts that God is orchestrating.
The Canada Day weekend was full of all kinds of prayer and unity gatherings, Ears to Hear, as a Network of preyer and worship leaders, was very well represented at most of these, doing our part as each one was assigned. It was awesome. A highlight for most of us was the corporate moment where 3 different gatherings (Watchmen, the Cry, those gathered at NHOP) plus Giulio Gabeli from Vancouver representing the Voices Together gathering, and Kenny Blacksmith from Mistisini all took communion together over zoom!
The next day we began our Ears to Hear Summit and we were very blessed with what the Lord said to us, and how he ministered to us. The most weighty piece came from Jane Jones, who had shared, “We’ve looked at the giants so long, we’ve forgotten what Jesus looks like”. The Lord spoke to us strongly about the 3 main giants in Canada of the LGBT lobby, Islam and the secularization of our society, and how following all the details of their advances has shifted the heart of the Church into fear, just as in the moments where Israel was poised to go into the Promised Land and their hearts melted with fear because of the giants. The remedy was to refocus on Jesus and be disciplined to keep Him in the centre of our attention and ministry, allow Him to fill our hearts with revelation and awe at His glory and from that place lead us into prayer for issues He wants us to pray for. Worship played a really major role in setting our focus firmly on to Jesus and shifting our hearts through this Summit, it was so good.
With this challenge in mind, Sara Maynard taught on how unbelief manifests in a Christian (who would never say, “I don’t believe God can do that”). I think we all identified with some of the areas and realized unbelief needed to be cleansed from our hearts afresh, for our personal walk and for us to lead boldly so others can follow in faith. A beautiful time.
Rob Parker followed on with a short teach on dependance, and then led us into prayer for revival in Canada. There was lots of oil on prayer for the Universities to see an outpouring of revival! Very exciting!
Kirk Smith facilitated the final session and shared about the importance of standing in the victory of Jesus, rather than coming under a victim mentality. It’s again a posture of faith. Different words from leaders in the Network who couldn't be at the Summit added to this flow and from this point, we stepped into a powerful prophetic release. It was such a blessing to see the clarity and authority of the prophetic that erupted.
From Mike & Cindy Jacobs
As shared by Mike Jacobs
(husband of Cindy Jacobs), Oct 23, 2016
Mike Jacob awakened at 5 AM with the Lord speaking and reminded him of a prophetic word that was released in the early 1980's from their prayer network:
"A REVIVAL will start in WESTERN CANADA, sweeping from the west to east, and then go down the into the United States, and into Mexico, Central America, and South America. And God was speaking to me in the morning, 'Have I not said there is going to be a REVIVAL?' So He is stirring this word once again, and we are going to start seeing this revival.
The Lord also said 'As a dynamic of this revival, there will be a significant outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Catholics - the charismatic Catholics are going to be very involved in this.' It will come like fire for the charismatic Catholic church, and He kept saying for them 'embrace the fire!'.
The Lord reminded me about a word that God gave Cindy some years ago, 'When there is this outpouring of the Holy Spirit, it will cause some of the Catholics to move away from any idolatry, the statues, and there will be like a pure branch of the Roman Catholic church, this may even cause a split to some degree in the Catholic church. The traditional evangelicals, charismatics, and Pentecostals, will be amazed at the power and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in terms of signs, wonders, and miracles in the charismatic Catholic Church.'"
This year’s Ears2Hear Summit (January 19-21) was completely different than any other one we have held! While not as large as last year’s, (which was our largest ever), still a very good group of prayer leaders gathered at Spencer Castle in Victoria and were overwhelmed with the warmth of the Church in Victoria’s hospitality.
As we have gathered we always have tremendous times of prayer, worship and prophecy and also typically have teaching, updates and guests sharing on important topics for national prayer. However, this year, our seventh Summit, the Lord directed our entire time to one focus; get ready for revival.
How are we being asked to get ready for revival?
There is the obvious and practical work of getting ready for heightened evangelism and discipling that applies to the whole Church, but there is specific work of preparation for the prayer movement as well. These were some of the ways the Lord highlighted we should now be preparing:
by Patricia King
On January 31 at 5:55 a.m. during a time of prayer, devotion, and preparation for our Shiloh service where I was going to share my Sunday morning message titled “There’s Revival in the Air”, I had a heavenly encounter. Here is the account:
The Golden Ladder (Genesis 28:10-17)
I was on a moving golden ladder/stairway ascending into heaven. The Lord’s voice spoke: “I am taking you to new levels”. (This was interesting to me because I had just finished teaching a two-day mentoring seminar called “New Levels of Intercession”.)
I arrived in the heavenly dimension and felt “weightless” – very light and without burden. The Lord’s voice spoke: “I will show you things that you know not”.
Waiting in the Corridor
Immediately I was in a corridor in front of a door. Although the corridor had a degree of glory in its atmosphere, the sign on the door said REVIVAL and produced an unquenchable passion in me to enter. An angel stood outside the door guarding the room. Some were approaching the door but could not enter because they did not have the right key. I saw one approach with a key called HOPE. The angel smiled and said, “This key will not give you entrance into the room but you can wait here in the corridor outside the room. Stay close to the door.” Another came with a key called DESPERATION. Again the angel said, “This will not permit you to enter.” Yet another came with a key called EXPECTATION. The angel communicated, “You are very close. Remain here at my side.”
The Key that Opened the Door
Many others came with various keys but none of them were able to open the door. The corridor was full of people waiting and longing to enter the room. One approached the angel showing the key called FAITH-FILLED PRAYERS. The angel’s face lit up and proclaimed, “This is the key that will open the door”…. And the door opened.
The room was full of light, glory, beauty, and the essence of a holy fire. The atmosphere was pure love and holiness… joy. Everyone who had previously stood waiting in the corridor were now immersed in the glory of the room called REVIVAL.
The glory was not contained in the room. I saw a river of revival flow from the room flooding the corridor and moving rapidly into the earth. Individuals who had no keys in their hands previously were being swept into the current of the river. Some were elated and others were shocked and in wonderment. Others were standing on the banks of the river angry and offended, attempting to stop the river. Some of the resistant ones however were swept into the river and carried by its current as their anger and offense was dissolved in the river. The river was unstoppable.
The room was full of people and the power in the room was so weighty…it was the power of love, purity… it was fire and it was glory…it was rain and it was light. It was everything! SO intense was the atmosphere. Those in the room were experiencing a weight of great glory and those outside the room were being powerfully impacted by the river that flowed from the room. I then saw the river break off into tributaries …many tributaries. The river was filling the earth!
The Corridor of Revivals
The Lord then walked me through what was called THE CORRIDOR OF REVIVALS. On the walls were large framed photos of past revivals and each photo was like a door you could enter and explore. Some of the ones I saw were The Moravian Revival, First and Second Great Awakenings, Maria Woodworth Etter Revivals, Welsh Revival, Azusa Street, Aimee Semple McPherson Revivals, Kathryn Khulman, the Toronto outpouring and many more… I then saw Him hanging another framed photo on the wall of this corridor… a new revival…
End of encounter.
“The Lord says, ‘I have prepared a revival for you, an outpouring of My Spirit that will be filled with My glory, My fire, My love. Birth this outpouring with the key of FAITH-FILLED PRAYERS. When you see the first signs, continue to pray and continue to birth. Do not simply remain in the corridor that has a measure of glory but press through with passionate faith-filled prayer and enter the room called REVIVAL. I will show you things that you know not. I will reveal kingdom mysteries to you in this season. I will demonstrate My power and there will be a great harvest as the river of revival goes to the nations. Partner with Me for I desire to pour out My Spirit in a new wave upon the earth in this hour. The keys of HOPE, DESPERATION, and EXCPECTATION are important keys that will position you in the corridor but it is the key of FAITH-FILLED PRAYERS that will open the door to the fullness of what I have for you...for all.”
Key Scriptures that were quickened to me after the encounter:
Ezekiel 47:1 – 4,9,10,12 NASB
(1) Then he brought me back to the door of the house; and behold, water was flowing from under the threshold of the house toward the east, for the house faced east. And the water was flowing down from under, from the right side of the house, from south of the altar. (2) He brought me out by way of the north gate and led me around on the outside to the outer gate by way of the gate that faces east. And behold, water was trickling from the south side. (3) When the man went out toward the east with a line in his hand, he measured a thousand cubits, and he led me through the water, water reaching the ankles. Again he measured a thousand and led me through the water, water reaching the knees. (4)Again he measured a thousand and led me through the water, water reaching the loins.
(5) Again he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not ford, for the water had risen, enough water to swim in, a river that could not be forded. (9)"It will come about that every living creature which swarms in every place where the river goes, will live. And there will be very many fish, for these waters go there and the others become fresh; so everything will live where the river goes.
(10)"And it will come about that fishermen will stand beside it; from Engedi to Eneglaim there will be a place for the spreading of nets. Their fish will be according to their kinds, like the fish of the Great Sea, very many. (12) "By the river on its bank, on one side and on the other, will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither and their fruit will not fail. They will bear every month because their water flows from the sanctuary, and their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing."
Revelation 22:1-2 NASB
(1) Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, (2) in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
1 Kings 18:41-46 NASB
(41) Now Elijah said to Ahab, "Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of the roar of a heavy shower." (42) So Ahab went up to eat and drink. But Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he crouched down on the earth and put his face between his knees. (43) He said to his servant, "Go up now, look toward the sea." So he went up and looked and said, "There is nothing." And he said, "Go back" seven times.
(44) It came about at the seventh time, that he said, "Behold, a cloud as small as a man's hand is coming up from the sea." And he said, "Go up, say to Ahab, 'Prepare your chariot and go down, so that the heavy shower does not stop you.'" (45) In a little while the sky grew black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy shower. And Ahab rode and went to Jezreel. (46) Then the hand of the LORD was on Elijah, and he girded up his loins and outran Ahab to Jezreel.
James 5:17,18 NASB
(17) Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. (18) Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit.
Revelation 4:1 NASB
(1) After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things."
Patricia King Ministries
By Sara Maynard
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Cor: 2:2
For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:17,18
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes… Rom 1:16
and the depths of fellowship with one another, and intimacy with Christ that comes out of Phil 3:10 (..the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings).
2) A year where the gospel will be fully unveiled. First to the Church, with the revelation of the cross and the power of the gospel to absolutely transform (and keep on transforming) hearts, lives and society pouring in and awakening the sleeping Bride. Secondly to the nation, as the Church awakens to this revelation, evangelism will erupt and extraordinary harvest begin, in fact we are beginning to see the initial signs of this already. This revelation will be as compelling and revolutionary as the Father’s heart revelation that came to the Church in the 90s.
3) A year where the cross brings unity, but also division. Deeper unity around the cross will transcend denominations, racial strife, cultural differences. Unity that goes beyond man centered unity to unity that’s truly Jesus centered. Maturing beyond doing stuff together, and being fellow-workers to the place of hearts and spirits are joined in holy koinonia and communion. Unity that’s abounding in deep love, being willing to serve and even suffer for one another. But at the same time, the Church will struggle with division as some will pull away in offense and confusion, rebuking the work of the cross, even teaching that we are not called to carry the cross. Mt 16:22-24
4) A year where worship explodes. Songs steeped in the wonder of the cross and the greatness of the gospel of His kingdom, will lift high Jesus in new language and awe. A great awakening of sustained worship will result and the power of God will flow to heal, deliver, encounter, and save in the midst of the worship. "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” Jn 12:32
I don’t believe this renewed emphasis on the cross is an event that will be contained in 2016, but will begin in greater ways this year and continue on. Glorious days are before us, the praying Church has much to contend for!!
By Kirk Smith
Kirk Smith, Director of Eastgate House of Prayer in Saint John releases this vital call to prayer + fasting.
September 13th- October 22nd.
Consider participating in any way you can, ask the Lord for how you are to join in.
Please share this link on Twitter, Facebook, with your congregation and friends.
By: Cindy Jacobs
Aug 13, 2015, in Toronto
You have come to the tipping point season where either the nation will continue to move in a season of prosperity or begin to see the economy significantly weaken, I am giving you a window to shift the election. If My people will fall on their knees I will give you a great voice of reconciliation and grace in which you will be a voice even to the EU in their time of crisis.
The enemy hates the role that Canada has been called to play redemptively and is seeking to place a leader whose policies will cause the value of the dollar to fall into a decline. This will affect the real estate market as well.
The Latino vote will be very significant in the Toronto area and be a swing voting bloc.Be on guard against terrorism even in the rural areas as ISIS will attempt to hit "soft targets”. Also, racial strife will stir and there will be pockets of rioting from different ethnic communities. Pastors can mitigate against this by once again making a concerted effort to reach out even into the East Indian communities.
However, there is a rumbling of an awakening in the unseen realm and a new generation of righteous leaders are arising who walk in great integrity and holiness. The pastors of the nation will also experience a refreshing and strengthening from The Lord as My power flows like a river from the church into the nation. A revelation will come into the church that it is called to both heal and disciple nations. Churches will encourage their leaders to run for public offices both governmentally and in the school systems.
There will also be a fresh wave of evangelism that comes to the nation that releases both revival and reformation. A national evangelism campaign will take place that will bring unity in the church as Evangelicals, Charismatics, and Pentecostals work together to see the nation saved.
Thus will be combined with a an emphasis from the church to feed the poor and eradicate poverty. The church will also awaken to the need to incorporate social justice issues and the nation will listen and politicians will even espouse the policies that are put forth from national Christian leaders.
About these words...
Ears2Hear loves and honors Canada's prophets! Listening to the prophets is of course a key part of listening to what the Spirit is saying to the Church. We walk closely with the Canadian Prophetic Council, and so generally publish words the CPC is releasing.